We wanted to share with you what we think are the highlights of the Tech local contract's tentative agreement.
Things we protected:
- Consecutive day pay remains as it was, no losses!
- Techs can still take WOP (without pay days) management tried to take this language away
- We protected our RIF (reduction in force) wording that has very strong protections for techs when Kaiser tries to eliminate jobs
- Protected techs from having variable jobs being posted (they must list hours and days, so techs know what they are getting into)
Things we won!
- Standby pay going up from $3.85 to $4.40
- Coded floats will now have a $2.00 differential
- We now have 3 education days instead of 2!
- We already have a preceptor differential, but we added very strong language how to apply it creating a pathway to actually use it, which has been an issue in the past for many
- We negotiated shuffle language to be added to the contract creating an easier pathway to post jobs and move internal candidates around - this will also help protect jobs from being lost by attrition